Tuesday 21 June 2011

CT - EL Burro


Been in Cape Town for nearly a week, My grans 100th bday(AWESOME!!) plus some dj'ing gigs.

So i arrive in CT, drop off my bags and head straight to El Burro in green point, i walk in and Sascha (1 of the owners) is there and we have a little chat about Lucha Taco/ El Burro etc and i meet Nic (another owner). The venue is dope!! great wooden tables, nice decor.

I sit down and check out the menu and i'm pretty impressed some adventurous menu options for a south african mexican restaurant and i find out it's half price lunch !!, sweeet.

I ordered the Agua Fresca, it was a little too sweet for me, but it had great flavor.
The pork carnitas taco - this was awesome, great flavor, great texture, loved the corn tortillas.
also ordered the beef short rib with flour tortillas - this was waaay to salty for me, kinda like they let it reduce a little too long.

On my last day in CT i went back and i tried their Elote - it was good, a bit different to mine theirs was a lot sweeter and i use feta and they use parmesan, I prefer my Elote, the creaminess of the feta and sharpness of the lime wins every time.

all in all a great spot and great food, i'm sure with a few tweaks this spot will rocking and set the bench mark for great mexican food in SA and if you know me you know i am a complete food snob and dont give out praise easily so well done El Burro

No comments:

Post a Comment